1st 3D Hydrogeology Workshop 2009
Over 45 geoscientists from around Australia participated in the first 3D Hydrogeology Workshop, held on 31 August and 1 September 2009, at Geoscience Australia in Canberra.
The program included presentations on the following themes:
- Potential and reasons for 3D hydrogeology in Australia
- Building consistent and accessible 3D hydrogeology datasets
- Case studies from around Australia
- Software and visualisation experiences
- 3D hydrogeology for the user and administrator: The social dimension
The workshop was enhanced by interactive activities such as 3D visualisation demonstrations, held in Geoscience Australia's dedicated 3D visualisation room and the use of portable equipment.
Contributions to the workshop showcased the innovative work currently being done, as well as the potential of emerging techniques to improve groundwater resource knowledge and understanding.
The workshop highlighted the importance of multi-disciplinary collaborations between hydrogeologists, geologists, computer programmers, mathematicians, spatial scientists and social scientists in exploring the potential of this new field.
Topic contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Last updated: May 31, 2012