Minerals Alert January 2006 - Special Edition
- Iron oxide Cu-Au ore-forming systems of the Gawler Craton Workshop, February 2006
- New edition of Australian Diamond Deposits map
- Release of Geoscience Australia Record 2005/20, "Compilation of SHRIMP U-Pb geochronological data, Olympic Domain, Gawler Craton, South Australia, 2001-2003"
- About Email Alert
1. Iron oxide Cu-Au ore-forming systems of the Gawler Craton Workshop, February 2006
A workshop on Iron oxide Cu-Au ore-forming systems of the Gawler Craton will be held at the AMF Centre in Adelaide on 24 February 2006. Highlights of the workshop include:
- Updates of IOCG deposit geology including recent discoveries;
- New results on regional and district geological settings;
- Exploration characteristics;
- New GA-PIRSA products; and
- Core display.
For further information and registration visit the Geoscience Australia Conferences and Seminars web page, or email Roger Skirrow; or phone +61 (0)2 6249 9442.
2. New edition of Australian Diamond Deposits map
A new edition of the 1:5 million scale Australian Diamond Deposits, Kimberlites and Related Rocks map has been released. This edition includes additional kimberlite and lamproite locations from WA, SA and the NT kindly provided by companies. Copies of the map may be downloaded in PDF or JPEG format from the Geoscience Australia website.
For further information, please email Lynton Jaques, or phone +61 (0)2 6249 9745.
3. Release of Geoscience Australia Record 2005/20, "Compilation of SHRIMP U-Pb geochronological data, Olympic Domain, Gawler Craton, South Australia, 2001-2003"
This comprehensive Record by Liz Jagodzinski presents 22 SHRIMP U-Pb zircon ages with their geological contexts, for Palaeoproterozoic and Mesoproterozoic basement units in the northeastern Gawler Craton, including 3 ages from the Olympic Dam Cu-U-Au deposit. To view and download this record, visit the Geoscience Australia website.
4. About Email Alert
For more information contact Mike Huleatt on +61 2 6249 9087 or email email@example.com.
To view past editions of Geoscience Australia's Minerals Alert, visit the Minerals Alert Newsletter Archive.
Topic contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Last updated: October 4, 2013