Minerals Alert July 2013
A monthly online newsletter with product news, data releases and projects relating to the minerals and energy exploration industry.
- Geo-Region of the Month – Pilbara Craton, Western Australia
- Update on geophysical data releases
- About Minerals Alert
Each month Geoscience Australia will highlight a range of significant products relating to key Australian mineral provinces which have been released over the past 10 years and may be of interest to current explorers. This month’s Geo-Region is the Pilbara Craton of Western Australia. The highlighted products, which are available as a free download, are:
- Atlas of North Pilbara geology and geophysics - The Atlas of North Pilbara geology and geophysics: 1:1.5 million scale contains thematic maps of the north Pilbara Craton; themes covered include geology, geophysics (airborne magnetics, gamma-ray data, gravity), remotely sensed data and mineralisation.
- Hyperspectral mapping report - Hyperspectral Mapping of Mineral Assemblages Associated with Gold Mineralization in the Central Pilbara details results of an investigation into the use of airborne hyperspectral data (HyMap®) to aid detection of hydrothermal alteration assemblages associated with Archean lode gold deposits and epithermal gold systems in the central Pilbara region.
- Archaean tectonic processes report - The Archaean tectonic processes in the North Pilbara Granite-Greenstone Terrane report looks at the classic Pilbara dome and basin geometry with an alternative view point to that commonly presented.
- Early to Middle Archean Mineral Deposits of the North Pilbara Terrain - This special issue of Economic Geology (July 2002, v. 97) contains twelve articles on geology and mineralisation of the north Pilbara.
- The Paleoarchean Pilbara Craton, Western Australia, in: Earth’s Oldest Rocks . Developments in Precambrian Geology 15, Elsevier. This book contains a series of four papers by Geological Survey of Western Australia, Geoscience Australia and industry workers on geological, geochemical, geodynamic and metallogenic aspects of the north Pilbara.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org; or phone +61 2 6249 9215.
Geoscience Australia is managing the geophysical data acquisition programs in Western Australia, South Australia and the Northern Territory.
The current status of Geoscience Australia's geophysical survey data acquisition is available in a comprehensive table.
To obtain further details on the survey acquisition, please email email@example.com; or phone +61 2 6249 9229.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org; or phone +61 2 6249 9872.
To read past editions of Geoscience Australia's Minerals Alert, visit the Minerals Alert Newsletter Archive.
To subscribe/unsubscribe visit the online subscription page and follow the instructions.
Topic contact: email@example.com Last updated: October 4, 2013