About Our Graduate Program
We are looking to recruit outstanding, highly motivated STEM graduates, who:
- can develop into high quality geoscientists;
- possess great communication and interpersonal skills;
- can make a positive contribution as a team player;
- are flexible and adaptable;
- have leadership potential; and
- are committed to having a positive impact for Australia.
Geoscience Australia is covered by the Public Service Act 1999. The Act restricts the employment of non-Australian Citizens. Therefore, only Australian Citizens may apply.
To be considered for a science graduate program you must have, or be completing a minimum of an Honours degree (or Masters or PhD) in an Earth science related discipline. ICT graduates require a minimum undergraduate ICT related degree.
Field work and some travel may be included in the program.
The key highlights of the graduate program are:
- three rotations during the year in priority areas across the organisation
- a group project
- mentoring by a senior level manager
- guidance and advice provided by Chief Scientist
- support provided by the Graduate Coordinator
- 'buddy' system with the previous graduate cohort
Learning and Development
During the graduate program, you will undertake a structured development program to broaden your professional skills and contribute to your personal development.
Further study relevant to your field of work is encouraged once you have completed the graduate program.
How to apply
- applications are now closed for the 2019 program
- applications for the 2020 program will open in early to mid-2019.
Relocation, Salary and Conditions
Your transition from study to a career can be challenging, especially with most of our graduates moving from interstate. We want to make the whole process as easy as possible for you. This is accomplished by providing:
- a generous relocation package to cover your removal and travel costs to Canberra
- your initial accommodation in Canberra to give you time to find a permanent place to live
- a generous starting salary at the APS4 level, plus 15.4% superannuation
- an APS5 level position on successful completion of the Graduate Program
- access to generous leave and flexible work options - full details are included in our Enterprise Agreement.
If you have any questions you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 6249 9111 and ask for the Graduate Coordinator.