Client Service Standard
Geoscience Australia is committed to providing a high quality customer service to our stakeholders. Our staff will work honestly, ethically and professionally at all times. This includes acting with care and diligence in providing consistent, accurate and impartial advice and respecting and protecting the confidentiality of your information. To see the full list of behaviours, please visit the Geoscience Australia Service Charter page.
Enquiry Response Timeframes
For enquiries received via email (ClientServices@ga.gov.au), the Online Contact Form, or telephone (1800 800 173), we will respond within:
- Five (5) working days for standard enquiries.
- Ten (10) working days for complex enquiries.
Product Order Dispatch Timeframes
Product orders will be dispatched within three (3) working days from receipt of order. Where we become aware that there is a risk to meeting the service standards specified, we will advise you as soon as possible, via email or telephone, of the expected date of dispatch.
Any products purchased from Geoscience Australia that arrive in a damaged condition, will be replaced at no additional cost to the customer, subject to the following conditions:
- The customer notifies Geoscience Australia’s Client Services team in writing within 14 days of receipt of the faulty goods and include:
- Details of the damage incurred,
- A photo that clearly shows the damage to the product and it’s packaging; and
- Reference details of your purchase to assist us with identifying your order - e.g. purchase order number and/or date of purchase.
Please note, products may not be returned and will not be replaced if you received what you ordered but have decided you no longer want the product, found it cheaper somewhere else, ordered the wrong product or do not like the product.
Please contact the Client Service team if you have any questions regarding these conditions.