AUSPOS - Introduction
Online GPS Processing
- Question 1.1 - What is the AUSPOS Online GPS Processing Service?
- Question 1.2 - Who can benefit from the service?
- Question 1.3 - What do I need?
- Question 1.4 - What do I submit?
- Question 1.5 - How do I get the results?
- Question 1.6 - How fast is it?
- Question 1.7 - How much does it cost?
- Question 1.8 - What happens to my RINEX files?
- Question 1.9 - Does AUSPOS provess real time or kinematic data?
- Question 1.10 - Does AUSPOS process GLONASS or Galileo data?
- Question 1.11 - Why do we make the service free?
- AUSPOS is a free online GPS data processing service provided by Geoscience Australia
- AUSPOS takes advantage of both The IGS Stations Network and the IGS product range, and works with data collected anywhere on Earth
- Users submit their dual frequency geodetic quality GPS RINEX data observed in a 'static' mode to your GPS data processing system
- An AUSPOS report will be emailed to you (often in less than five mins) containing Geocentric Datum of Australia 1994 (GDA94) and International Terrestrial Reference Frame (ITRF) coordinates
The service aims to assist a variety of users from the private and public sector who require GDA94 and ITRF coordinates. This includes people undertaking surveys such as:
- DGPS reference station positioning
- Remote GPS station positioning
- Ultra-long GPS baseline positioning
- GPS connections to IGS and ARGN stations
- High accuracy vertical GPS positioning
- GPS network quality control
All you need to submit your data and receive your report is:
- Geodetic quality dual frequency GPS receiver data in RINEX format
- Access to a web browser with an Internet connection
- An email account
All the GPS data processing occurs in the AUSPOS GPS data processing server, so the type and capability of your computer is NOT important.
- GPS RINEX observation data (navigation data is NOT required);
- the GPS antenna type;
- the GPS antenna height; and
- your email address.
The results are emailed to you when the processing is complete. A link is also provided to our anonymous ftp server where the report is placed. If you are having trouble accessing either of these, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This depends on how much data you have submitted. A single site with one day of data should be completed within three minutes. A multiple site solution might take up to and over five minutes. The processing times will also depend upon system load.
It is FREE!
AUSPOS will NOT retain a copy of your data set or release any submitted data sets to anyone.
The service does NOT process real time, kinematic, or single frequency GPS data.
The service does NOT process GLONASS or Galileo data, however; if GLONASS or Galileo data is in the RINEX file it will just be ignored.
AUSPOS provides the service freely to encourage consistency of all precise coordinates used by the GPS community. By making the service free, the Australian GPS community can better compete for contracts throughout the world. Feedback from Australian private sector survey firms shows positive support for the service. They are competing internationally for contracts using the AUSPOS service as an important selling point. Effectively, every small survey/GPS organisation in Australia now has access to a very sophisticated GPS data processing system.
Topic contact: email@example.com Last updated: May 8, 2013