Earth Science Week
Earth Science Week 2013 will be held 13 - 19 October 2013.
Geoscience Australia will again be hosting Australia's Earth Science Week celebrations and aligning activities with the international theme, "Mapping our World".
This year's event will promote awareness of the many uses of maps and mapping technologies in the geosciences and highlight the ways that Earth scientists use maps to understand our planet.
Earth Science Week 2013 aims to engage young people and others in learning how geoscientists, geographers, and other mapping professionals use maps to represent land formations, natural resource deposits, bodies of water, fault lines, volcanic activity, weather patterns, travel routes, parks, businesses, population distribution, our shared geologic heritage, and more. Maps help show how the Earth systems, such as geosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere, and biosphere, interact.
Details for Geoscience Australia's activities for 2013 will be released in the coming months.
For more information or if you would like an Australian Earth Science Week 2013 poster or would like to register an Australian Earth Science Week 2013 event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Earth Science Week
Earth Science Week aims to:
- Provide students with new opportunities to discover the Earth sciences
- Highlight the contributions of Earth science to our lives
- Pass on the message that Earth science is all around us
- Encourage stewardship of the Earth through an understanding of earth science
- Provide opportunities for geoscientists to share their knowledge and enthusiasm about Earth
- Have fun!
What can you do?
Organise a special activity at your school or celebrate Earth Science Week with:
- A geoscience activity day
- Scientific demonstrations
- Photographic displays
- Library displays
- Earth science artwork displays
- Science project displays
- Teacher workshops
- Public lectures
Visit the Earth Science Week website for more ideas for activities to celebrate Earth Science Week 2013.
Topic contact: email@example.com Last updated: April 2, 2013