Top GeoShot Guidelines, Terms and Conditions, and Law Issues
- Images must relate to Earth science in Australia.
- Entries must be accompanied with a signed entry form detailing the photo title, location and a brief description.
Terms and Conditions
- Competition is now open and closes at 5pm AEST 22 September 2012.
- The competition is open to all members of the Australian public.
- Employees of Geoscience Australia and their immediate family are permitted to enter.
- The entrant must hold copyright of any photograph entered in this competition. Geoscience Australia reserves the right to request supporting evidence.
- Entries will only be accepted in the JPEG (.jpg) digital format and must not exceed a file size of 2MB. Entries over this size restriction will not be accepted.
- Entries will not be considered valid without a completed registration form.
- Entry forms must be emailed to Geoscience Australia along with entry images.
- Geoscience Australia does not accept any liability for lost, delayed or incomplete entries.
- Judging will be completed by appropriate Geoscience Australia staff. Images will be judged on quality, creativity, aesthetic and theme fit. The deliberations of the judging panel remain confidential. All recommendations and decisions taken are binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into on such matters. Judges reserve the right not to award a prize in any particular year.
- Submitted material will not be returned. Geoscience Australia reserves the right to use any winning images submitted in the competition for future promotional activities, without reimbursement.
- Photographers will be contacted and acknowledged if when images are used.
- Winners will be announced on the Geoscience Australia website, www.ga.gov.au once they have been contacted.
Geoscience Australia will contact winning entrants to obtain higher resolution images for printing purposes.
Photography Law Issues
Taking photographs in a public place:
Taken from Arts Law Centre of Australia Online.
Topic contact: email@example.com Last updated: October 16, 2012