2.3.3 Pondage Areas
126.96.36.199 Example 7
|Location of Example:
|| 143°48'30" East, 35°39'16" South
- Figure 188.8.131.52 is an example of a Salt Evaporator.
- Ground, Bore or Sea water is pumped into large ponds to enable the water to be evaporated by the sun leaving the salt behind.
- Salt Evaporators may be differentiated from Aquaculture by the varied sizes of smaller beds with irregular edges located within a larger grid pattern.
- Salt has a distinctive imagery signature in comparison to the surrounding environment.
- Salt Evaporators will only be found in areas of low rainfall and high solar intensity.
- Salt Evaporators will be characteristically located on flat terrain.
|Figure: 184.108.40.206 Representation of a Salt Evaporator.
Topic contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Last updated: January 20, 2012