2.4.3 Storage Tanks
22.214.171.124 Example 3
|Location of Example:
|| 151°15'27" East, 23°50'6" South
- Storage Tanks appear as circular elevated features, this is evident by the shadow signature.
- Storage Tanks may or may not have an enclosed roof.
- Storage Tanks can sometimes be distinguished from Water Tanks/Water Towers because they are typically found in industrial/commercial areas rather than within residential/urban areas.
- Numerous Storage Tanks are typically concentrated in one area, whereas Water Tanks/Water Towers tend to be more solitary.
- Storage Tanks may be distinguished from Silos by their flat roof structure compared with a conical roof structure of a Silo.
- The roof of a Storage Tank may show temporal change due to the amount of product stored in the Tank when the imagery was captured.
|Figure: 126.96.36.199 Representation of Storage Tanks in association with surrounding features.
Topic contact: email@example.com Last updated: January 20, 2012