Australian Marine Spatial Information System
AMSIS is a web based interactive mapping and decision support system that improves access to integrated government and non-government information in the Australian Marine Jurisdiction.
AMSIS contains many layers of information displayed in themes of Maritime Boundaries, Petroleum, Fisheries, Regulatory, Environment, Native Title and Offshore Minerals. The data has been sourced from Geoscience Australia, other Australian government agencies and some industry sources. AMSIS also contains the offshore mineral locations data that was used to create the Offshore Minerals Map.
Information in this application should not be relied upon as the sole source of information for commercial and operational decisions. AMSIS should not be used for navigational purposes.
This is a legal agreement between the Commonwealth of Australia, ('Commonwealth') represented by Geoscience Australia, and you. Please read the terms and conditions carefully. You will be asked whether you agree to them. By clicking on the "I AGREE" button, you are acknowledging your acceptance and will be bound by the terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Ability to use: the Commonwealth will permit you to:
- use the Australian Maritime Spatial Information System ('AMSIS'), accessible through this website, for its intended purpose, for the duration of your logon session;
- use and reproduce any map or other material you generate through AMSIS ('AMSIS Map') subject to these terms and conditions.
- Limitations: You agree:
- not to use AMSIS, or any AMSIS Map, in a way which could be detrimental to the interests or reputation of the Commonwealth and or other data contributors to AMSIS; and
- not to allow another person to use AMSIS during your logon session.
- Information notices: You must ensure, if an AMSIS Map is displayed or made available to any third person, that the following notice regarding the disclaimer and acknowledgement, is displayed with, attached to, or embodied in (in a reasonably prominent manner) any AMSIS Map. Note that this notice will be displayed automatically on any map you print using AMSIS.
The Commonwealth cannot guarantee the accuracy, currency or completeness of this map for your particular purpose. Except as required by law, the Commonwealth will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense or cost (including any incidental or consequential loss or damage) incurred by any person or organisation arising out of use of, or reliance on, the map.
This map was produced using the Australian Marine Spatial Information System (AMSIS) web mapping facility provided by Geoscience Australia. AMSIS incorporates data provided by various Commonwealth government agencies and private sector organisations. Details of contributors. Maps produced using AMSIS may also incorporate information provided by end users of AMSIS.
- Retention of notices: You must not remove, obscure or interfere with any acknowledgment, attribution, warning or disclaimer statement affixed to, incorporated in or otherwise applied in connection with an AMSIS Map.
- Intellectual Property: You acknowledge that, except as expressly stated, no intellectual property rights in AMSIS or any AMSIS Map are transferred under these terms and conditions.
- No Warranty: You acknowledge that the Commonwealth does not guarantee the accuracy, currency or completeness of AMSIS or any AMSIS Map for any purpose. Except where required by law, no warranties, express or implied, are given in relation to AMSIS or any AMSIS Map.
- Release and Indemnity: You release and indemnify the Commonwealth and its employees and agents and third party suppliers of data used in AMSIS in respect of all claims, expenses, losses, damages and costs arising, directly or indirectly from:
- Your use of AMSIS or an AMSIS Map;
- any other persons use of AMSIS during your logon session or an AMSIS Map generated by you;
- any breach by you of these terms and conditions;
- any negligent act or omission or wilful misconduct by you in connection with this licence agreement.
- Applicable Law: This agreement is governed by the law of the Australian Capital Territory and the Parties submit to the jurisdiction of courts of that Territory.
By placing a tick in the "I agree" check box you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you have any questions about these terms and conditions please contact Geoscience Australia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Topic contact: email@example.com Last updated: November 28, 2012