Join the Earth Science Week 2015 celebrations
23 September 2015
The countdown is on to Earth Science Week 2015, with annual celebrations due to kick-off in October - or 'Rocktober' as we prefer to call it!
Geoscience Australia's Chief Executive Officer, Dr Chris Pigram said that Earth Science Week aims to encourage everyone to explore the natural world around them and to celebrate the raw natural beauty of Australia's geology.
"Earth Science Week provides a great opportunity to find out how geoscience helps us understand natural processes, and apply it to help solve some of our nation's greatest challenges," Dr Pigram said.
Dr Pigram also encouraged families, schools, libraries and community organisations across Australia to participate in the upcoming Earth Science Week celebrations, by hosting a celebratory event or Earth science activity.
There are many ways you can take part:
- Join one of four behind the scenes tour of Geoscience Australia
- Take the Online Earth Science Quiz - coming soon
- Host your own Earth Science Bake-off - and share your photos with the world
- Come along to the public talk: Earthquakes - the Australian Experience - 14 October
- Celebrate the winners of the Top GeoShot photography competition - to be announced 14 October
- Help students in years 4-9 get involved, with our geoscience Education Activities