Other Mapping Agencies
State and territory mapping agencies
- Australian Capital Territory, ACT Planning and Land Authority
- New South Wales, Land and Property Information
- Northern Territory, Department of Lands and Planning
- Queensland, Queensland Mapping
- South Australia, Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Tasmania, Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment
- Victoria, Department of Environment and Primary Industries
- Western Australia, Department of Land Information (Landgate)
Standards and map trade associations
- Office of Spatial Policy
- Australian and New Zealand Land Information Council (ANZLIC)
- Intergovernmental Committee on Surveying and Mapping (ICSM)
Mapping in partnership
In 1997 the Australian Surveying and Land Information Group (AUSLIG), now Geoscience Australia, took steps to outsource the production of the Australian Government's topographic maps. This successful link with the spatial information industry has, over the years, led to a panel of providers who are working with us to provide 'fundamental' topographic maps and data of Australia.
|Map/data type||Provider/other details|
Geoscience Australia also has Australian bathymetry and topography grid data.
Australia's external territories
Geoscience Australia has a limited range of topographic maps covering Australia's external territories.
Please contact your nearest Topographic Map Retailer, many of whom stock a range of overseas maps. The National Library of Australia maintains a cartographic links page with information on maps from around the world. Geoscience Australia has some maps of Australia's external territories.
Soil types maps and data
National and overseas aircharts
Cadastral data and maps
Public Sector Mapping Agency (PSMA) - Cadastral Lite Value Added Resellers or state/territory government agencies.
Australian electoral boundary maps
Hydrographic charts and information
Australian statistical maps and information
Geoscience Australia and Defence cooperation
In recent years Geoscience Australia and the Department of Defence have been working together with a shared goal of achieving greater coordination and cooperation in the collection and management of spatial information covering Australia.
Geoscience Australia manages the onshore topographic map production requirements for Defence Imagery and Geospatial Organisation (DIGO) . This arrangement strengthens the spatial information industry in Australia through extended contract opportunities for the private sector map producers on the Geoscience Australia Panel. This work is now being allocated to panel contractors.