Awareness and Analysis Mapping
Geoscience Australia, the Crisis Coordination Centre (CCC) and the Australian Geospatial-Intelligence Organisation (AGO) are working together to enhance the situational awareness available to support the Australian Government's response to natural disaster events.
The collaboration seeks to "spatially enable" government through bringing together expertise across a range of agencies to collectively improve the information available to decision makers as a disaster event is unfolding. The collaboration is focussed on the consolidation of "location-based" data, the delivery of consistent map products to decision makers during events such as natural disasters, and ongoing communication, support and training.
Where to find Geoscience Australia's Awareness and Analysis data
- Earthquake data and Notification Service
Please email email@example.com to be added to the distribution list to receive notifications and alerts via email.
- Baseline data (geographic and exposure)
- Sentinel Hotspots
- https://sentinel.ga.gov.au/ (public service)
- https://files.sentinel.ga.gov.au/ (restricted service - login required) Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a log-in
- Web services documentation in: ftp.ga.gov.au/outgoing-emergency-imagery
- Satellite Imagery
Download the latest freely available satellite data over Australia. For Event Specific Imagery - License restricted access details will be provided to the agency coordinating the event.
- Water Observations from Space
Data indicating how often water has been seen across Australia since 1987 as detected from the Landsat satellites.