Social media guidelines
We use our social media channels to share our research updates, latest news, earth science facts and other interesting projects with you.
We welcome different views and opinions and encourage you to participate and interact with our posts. Help us keep the conversation relevant and on topic by refraining from:
- using language that is hateful, or targets race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality or political beliefs
- posting comments that are abusive, offensive, vulgar, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organisation
- sharing comments which are political in nature
- posting personal information about yourself or others
- promoting commercial interests
- posting multiple versions of the same view or making an excessive number of posts about a particular issue
- posting content which is irrelevant to the topic being discussed or doesn’t relate to our business operations
- trolling or deliberately disrupting the discussion
- using links in a post which draw traffic to your own website or page
- posting spam, including phishing and malware
By interacting on our page you are deemed to have agreed to the guidelines above. Any posts that don’t comply will be removed at our discretion and users who continue to violate these rules will be blocked from this Facebook page. Our engagement with posts does not imply endorsement of any kind.
We update and monitor this page between 9 am-5 pm AEST, Monday to Friday. We aim to answer your questions as soon as possible but, if your questions are complicated, we may need some time getting in touch with experts or relevant teams to track down an answer.