2022 Offshore Petroleum Exploration Acreage Release: Bidding now open
Bidding is now open for the 2022 Offshore Petroleum Exploration Acreage Release. The 2022 acreage release comprises 10 areas in Commonwealth waters offshore of Western Australia, Victoria, and the Ashmore and Cartier Islands, across four basins:
- Bonaparte Basin – 3 areas
- Browse Basin – 3 areas
- Gippsland Basin – 1 area
- Northern Carnarvon Basin – 3 areas
All areas will be available for a single round of work program bidding. Bidding closes 2 March 2023.
For more information on investing in offshore petroleum exploration, refer to the Department of Industry, Science and Resources.
Information on the petroleum geology of each basin is available on the Geoscience Australia website. These pages provide petroleum geological content that has been compiled from publications related to previous acreage release and from ongoing studies carried out by Geoscience Australia.
- National Offshore Petroleum Information Management System (NOPIMS)
- Investing in offshore petroleum exploration
- Geoscience Australia Acreage Release
- Geoscience Australia Acreage Release Portal
Maps: Acreage Release 2022 map will be available via the spatial component of NOPIMS