2023 Offshore Greenhouse Gas Storage Acreage Release: Bidding now open
Bidding is now open for the 2023 Offshore Greenhouse Gas Storage Acreage Release. The acreage release comprises 10 areas across seven offshore basins including:
- Bass Basin
- Bonaparte Basin
- Browse Basin
- Gippsland Basin
- Northern Carnarvon Basin
- Otway Basin
- Perth Basin
All areas are available for work program bidding. Bidding closes Tuesday 28 November 2023.
For information on the 2023 release areas including maps, block diagrams, block listings and bidding instructions for the 2023 acreage release refer to the Department of Industry, Science and Resources.
For further information see
- National Offshore Petroleum Information Management System (NOPIMS)
- Geoscience Australia’s Carbon, Capture and Storage webpage
- Geoscience Australia’s geological information on the Acreage Release
- Geoscience Australia Acreage Release Portal
- Offshore greenhouse gas storage acreage release process
Subscribe to the Australian Resources News, an occasional newsletter published by the Department of Industry, Science and Resources, to keep up to date with the latest information on the acreage release.