Vacancies and Temporary Register
Geoscience Australia Chief Executive Officer
We are seeking a highly capable scientific leader to become the next Chief Executive of Geoscience Australia. You will lead the nation's premier geoscience agency as they tackle a wide range of national challenges. For more information and to apply for the role, please see the CEO Information Book.
Thank you for your interest in joining Geoscience Australia. You can view details about current employment opportunities by clicking on the link below.
To apply for a vacancy, you will need to register as a user (or sign in, if you are already registered). Australian citizenship is a requirement, unless otherwise stated.
Our recruitment system will be undergoing maintenance from 8am to 3pm, Saturday 3 December. We apologise for this inconvenience.
Follow the 'tips for applicants'. If you experience any difficulties using the eRecruitment system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date.
- If you are using "Safari", please try using a different browser if you are having difficulty.
- Check eligibility criteria for each position in the first instance.
- After reviewing the position and application requirements, you are encouraged to speak to the contact officer to learn more about the role.
- Ensure you have a current resume and details of two referees. Ideally, one of the referees should be your current supervisor.
- When a written application is required:
- draft and edit your application in a separate document, check the word count and spelling, and then copy and paste (using the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl V") into the eRecruitment system; and
- the Australian Public Service Commission provides advice on addressing selection criteria, see http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code/factsheet5.
- You can "save and close" your online application at any time, but it will not be considered unless "submit" is selected. You will be unable to submit your application if mandatory questions are missed.
- You may "recall" an application and edit up until the closing date. Make sure you then "submit" it again.
- You can see the status of your application when signed in.
- If you "withdraw" an application you will not be able to reapply for the same position.