Vacancies and Temporary Register
Thank you for your interest in joining Geoscience Australia. You can view details about current employment opportunities by clicking on the link below.
To apply for a vacancy, you will need to register as a user (or sign in, if you are already registered). Australian citizenship is a requirement, unless otherwise stated.
Senior Executive Band 1 Equivalent - Branch Heads, Resources Division
Geoscience Australia is seeking to fill Branch Head roles as SES Band 1 equivalents. If you have an interest in science, are an experienced leader, communicator and influencer, and have a desire to join the Senior Leadership Team at Australia's pre-eminent public sector geoscience organisation, this may be an opportunity for you.
Follow the 'tips for applicants'. If you experience any difficulties using the eRecruitment system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date.
- If you are using "Safari", please try using a different browser if you are having difficulty.
- Check eligibility criteria for each position in the first instance.
- After reviewing the position and application requirements, you are encouraged to speak to the contact officer to learn more about the role.
- Ensure you have a current resume and details of two referees. Ideally, one of the referees should be your current supervisor.
- When a written application is required:
- draft and edit your application in a separate document, check the word count and spelling, and then copy and paste (using the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl V") into the eRecruitment system; and
- the Australian Public Service Commission provides advice on addressing selection criteria, see http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code/factsheet5.
- You can "save and close" your online application at any time, but it will not be considered unless "submit" is selected. You will be unable to submit your application if mandatory questions are missed.
- You may "recall" an application and edit up until the closing date. Make sure you then "submit" it again.
- You can see the status of your application when signed in.
- If you "withdraw" an application you will not be able to reapply for the same position.