Vacancies and Temporary Register - eRecruitment
Thank you for your interest in joining Geoscience Australia. You can view further details about each of the opportunities listed below by clicking on the position.
If a vacancy is not currently available for your preferred area of employment, you can register to be alerted via email should a position become available in the future.
Before you can apply for a vacancy, or set up a job alert, you will need to sign in or register as a new user, using a valid email address.
To apply you must be Australian citizen unless otherwise stated.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page for some 'tips for applicants'. If you experience any difficulties using the eRecruitment system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date.
Tips for applicants:
- Check eligibility criteria for each position in the first instance.
- After reviewing the position and application requirements, you are encouraged to speak to the contact officer to determine if the role will suit your skills and capabilities.
- Ensure you have a current resume and details of two referees. Ideally, one of the referees should be your current supervisor.
- When a written application is required:
- draft and edit your application in a separate document, check the word count and spelling, and then copy and paste into the eRecruitment system; and
- the Australian Public Service Commission provides advice on addressing selection criteria, see http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/current-publications/cracking-the-code/factsheet5.
- You can "save and close" at any time during the application process, but your application will not be considered unless you "submit". You will not be able to submit your application if you have missed any mandatory questions.
- You may "recall" an application and edit up until the closing date. Make sure you then "submit" it again.
- You can see the status of your application when signed in.
- If you "withdraw" an application you will not be able to reapply for the same position.