Scientific topics Earth observation from space
Last updated:7 June 2023
Geoscience Australia provides Earth observation services, expert advice, and information for decision makers.
- ensure continuity of access to remotely sensed information in support of government priorities;
- promote use and value of satellite imagery within government and wider community;
- advance remote sensing science through extracting value and use of EOS to its full potential;
- provide data stewardship to ensure access to data; and
- provide national imagery coordination for disasters and emergencies.
An overview of Geoscience Australia's current Earth observation from space capabilities and long term priorities.
Examples of how Earth observation data is used in policy formulation and decision making.
List of Earth observation products available from Geoscience Australia.
Projects and activities currently undertaken by Geoscience Australia as part of the work program.