About Corporate documents
Last updated:21 November 2023
A range of documents govern our operations and provide detailed information about our projects and initiatives.
- Corporate Plan
Our Corporate Plan covering the four year period 2023–24 to 2026–27.
- Science Strategy 2028
Geoscience Australia’s Science Strategy 2028 presents the strategic framework for our science that underpins our value to the nation
- Portfolio Budget Statements
Geoscience Australia's budget information is published in the Industry, Innovation and Science Portfolio Budget Statements.
- Annual Report 2022–23
Our latest annual report was tabled in Parliament on 19 October 2023.
- Audit and Risk Committee Charter 2021 [PDF 212.8 KB]
Defines the function and responsibilities of the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Service Charter
A commitment about the service we will provide when you deal with us.
- Social media guidelines
- Geoscience Australia's Digital Strategy 2019–22 [PDF 1.2 MB]
- APS Census Results
The Geoscience Australia’s 2022 APS Census Results provides an overview of the attitude and perception data collected from our workforce.
- Remuneration Disclosure [PDF 35.7 KB]
- Indexed list of file titles
Lists all relevant files created by Geoscience Australia in the past year, as required by law.
- Meeting the Senate Order on Departmental and Agency Contracts
Provides details of the contracts entered into by Geoscience Australia to the value of $100 000 or more.
- Grants Awarded by Geoscience Australia
Lists details of all grants awarded by Geoscience Australia during the previous two years.
- Statement under the Legal Services Directions 2017
Summary of Legal Services Expenditure.
- Environmental Management System Policy
This Policy covers all of our activities at Symonston, as well as other buildings and properties occupied by Geoscience Australia and all of our field work activities.
- Gifts and benefits register
Lists details of gifts and benefits received by Geoscience Australia staff in the course of their official duties.
- Notices tabled under Section 72 of the PGPA Act
Notices tabled in Parliament regarding Geoscience Australia’s operations in relation to companies.
- Commonwealth Child Safe Framework
Our statement of compliance with the Commonwealth Child Safe Framework.
Fieldwork information for stakeholders
We have a policy, procedures and guidelines that set requirements on our staff when they are planning and undertaking work in the field (fieldwork). These include the requirement to:
- interact with you in respectful, courteous and timely manner;
- get your free, prior and informed consent before accessing your land; and
- protecting the environment and cultural heritage.
The one-page document Fieldwork Information for Stakeholders: Land Access and Cultural Heritage Considerations [PDF 111.9 KB] provides a summary of these requirements.
You can also find the full text documents below. Please note, the links to our internal intranet, documents and systems will not work for you.
- Land Access and Cultural Heritage Policy [PDF 380.4 KB]
- Land Access and Cultural Heritage Procedures [PDF 485.2 KB]
- Identifying Land Tenure Guidelines [PDF 314.5 KB]
- Landholder Relationship Management Guidelines [PDF 402.3 KB]
- Cultural Heritage (Indigenous and non-Indigenous) Legislation Guidelines [PDF 509.9 KB]
- Environmental Legislation Guidelines [PDF 432.8 KB]